Monday, July 6, 2009

New Zealand Second Wave Punk

There's a couple of videos of Unrestful Movements - Anti-trend on youtube. My personal favourite is this one which was played on Radio With Pictures. Karen Hay's nasally voice gives it away. Do Australian readers regularly buy RAM?
I remember buying a couple of issues in the late 80's and there were write-ups on The Celibate Rifles, V.Spy.V.Spy, The Triffids, The Go-Betweens and Midnight Oil. Rip It Up was the rock newspaper of choice in those days though being both local and free. I thought I was shoplifting when I first discovered it.




And thanks to our good friend at garageland. Here's Flesh D-vice who were going to play Deathpunkfest this year but ended up cancelling. Oddly I found one of their releases on an Oi RAC blog. This video still scares me. It would be interesting to know what horror movie was played on the Sunday horrors the night Radio With Pictures played the video.

No comments:

Beastwars - IV

After over a year off for various reasons, we have returned solely because we wanted to review the new Beastwars album. I really w...