Friday, June 27, 2008

Senseless Things - The First of Too Many

Senseless Things - The First of Too Many


I don't remember how I discovered this UK indie band. Admittedly at the time this album came out I was reading UK comics like Crisis, 2000 AD, Revolver and Deadline which featured Jamie Hewlett's artwork where Tank Girl first appeared and I bought this album due to the cover artwork. However it's also possible I enjoyed what I heard of Ned's Atomic Dustbin and The Wonderstuff and these guys were often talked about in the same breath but reached the sale bin first.

Anyway the band's myspace page rekindled my interest as did Leatherface's BBC sessions where Frankie Stubbs mentions touring with The Senseless Things. The influences listed grabbed my attention: Husker Du, The Replacements, The Slits, The Descendents, The Dickies, Soul Asylum, Fugazi, Neil Young. Here's a youtubevideo to the First of Too Many's opening song Everybody's Gone.



D/L Senseless Things - The First of Too Many

Edit: Links to Senseless Things' Postcard CV album and Homophobic Asshole single. Thanks to shaolinpunk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Senseless Things were a great band, deserved to do better. They were punkier in their earlier days, Postcard CV their 1st album. Their 3rd album, Empire of the Senseless, was a bit harder alt. rock with political topics, see Homophobic Asshole single. Saw them a million times in the early 90's here in blighty.

SENSELESS THINGS=POSTCARD CV
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=02BBRKIF

Homophobic Asshole Single

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QG7OEMTX

Beastwars - IV

After over a year off for various reasons, we have returned solely because we wanted to review the new Beastwars album. I really w...