Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dead Milkmen - Soul Rotation


Every so often people talk about a band who were before their time. Whether or not The Dead Milkmen were before their time is open to debate. Conspiracy theories and knowing about the UFO's and knowing people want to kill you for what you know were themes on their Soul Rotation album before the X-files series appeared on TV. The Dead Milkmen wondered if God had a kid brother and maybe, just maybe there's a heavenly choir that sings out of key before Joan Osborne wondered if God was one of us taking the bus.

Horns? Keyboards? What is this stuff? There's no way this is the same band that made punk albums like Beezlebubba and a Big Lizard in My Backyard. Well, yes it is. Deal with it or drink bleach.

They know.

7 comments:

One Kid Germ said...

One of the most underrated bands ever! I should post big lizard in my backyard, one of my all time favorites! Thanks!

Sociologian said...

Thanks for posting this.. I never upgraded my cassette copy, but I think this was an unfairly trashed album.

Chris said...

Hi One Kid Germ, thanks for the comment. Sociologian, nice to see you here again. I agree that it was unfairly trashed but I can understand the reasons for the trashing.

Marcos said...

THANKS A LOT, i can't install a torrent manager :P

Andy Warstar said...

your link is dead, milkman!

Chris said...

Hardly surprising given the date I posted it. Hopefully the link hasn't gone to the same place as Margaret Thatcher.

Anonymous said...

Link???

Beastwars - IV

After over a year off for various reasons, we have returned solely because we wanted to review the new Beastwars album. I really w...